Founded in Washington, D.C, in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
We are looking for an HR Assistant to join our European HR team in this newly created role which is to be based in our Italian office. The role will provide HR administration support across the team, as well as recruitment support and HR advice for the growing and dynamic Italy business. The HR Assistant will also provide support to the global talent acquisition partner, who is based in London.
Our European HR team is responsible for offices in seven countries; the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, Israel and Russia and consists of two HR business partners (HRBPs), one HR Advisor, one HR Assistant, a Global Talent Acquisition Partner and our Global Mobility specialist. The team is headed up by our Global Talent Director.
Our Italian business currently comprises of 27 employees and has offices in Rome and Milan. It is anticipated that this role will be based in Rome.
- Provide HR advice and support to the Italian MD and team, under guidance of Global Talent Director
- Main point of contact for and support for recruitment in Italy including identifying potential candidates, helping to manage our candidate database and build a pipeline, CV management, interview scheduling, candidate management and closely monitoring our applicant tracking system to ensure that candidates are responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the Global Talent Partner and HRBPs with recruitment tasks in other offices as required
- Create and maintain accurate employee records using our HR Information Systems (e.g. probationary period monitoring, updating salary and personal details) and filing systems
- Support in the on-boarding process; drafting offer letters, employment contracts, conducting reference checks and checking new employee documents
- Drafting of other HR materials including but not limited to; probation, salary increase, bonus and promotion letters
- Ensure compliance requirements including right to work checks for new joiners
- Schedule HR specific meetings including inductions, onboarding sessions and exit interviews
- Support in the off-boarding process; calculating holiday accruals and entitlements
- Liaising with relevant benefits providers to register all staff as required and remove leavers, and respond to general benefit enquiries
- Other general administrative tasks and projects as required
- Travel to other European offices may be required from time to time
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Relevant experience in an HR department and HR administration and recruitment experience
- Fluent written and spoken English is required and any other EU languages are beneficial
- Eligible to work in the EU
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding communication, organisation and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Strong research skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of Italian employment law
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion. People-focused.
- High level of efficiency and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Professional approach to work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.