Project Assistant (APCO+)
We are seeking entry-level professionals to join our APCO+ team in Washington, D.C. as Project Assistants.
By joining our APCO+ team in Washington, D. C., you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse, and curious. APCO+ members spend 18 months learning all aspects of public relations including media relations, digital, writing, research, and new business. You will participate in weekly training sessions, have access to formal and informal mentoring, and work across all practices at APCO. APCO+ Project Assistants work with senior colleagues in all practice areas across APCO such as: health care, crisis, public affairs, and corporate communications.
- Research and analyze primary and secondary sources of information
- Conduct traditional and social media tracking
- Develop media lists and pitch to the media
- Draft reports, social media content, and communications materials
- Coordinate distribution of materials and collating kits and packages for staff and clients
- Document and track account activity such as conference reports, account status reports, etc.
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Experience at a public relations agency or in-house (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Interest in working on a broad and diverse client portfolio across practice areas
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, public policy, and media
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Digital/social media fluency
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" “Best Large Agency to Work For” and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.