Consultant (Account Manager) Energy & Sustainability Practice
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Consultant), SUSTAINABILITY PRACTICE (BRUSSELS)
Our established and growing Energy & Sustainability Practice in Brussels has an opportunity for an Account manager (with a minimum of 4-7 years of professional experience) to join our dedicated team to work on a diverse portfolio of new and existing clients, supporting them on public affairs and communications.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member, with experience in public affairs and working on sustainability-related topics, who will be responsible for managing client projects and delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business.
Expectations and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues (in the field of sustainability), public affairs, and macro business factors impacting clients.
- Independently manage large client projects and campaigns; prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events;
- Oversee the work of junior colleagues, provide effective coaching and training to them;
- Review and improve work products of team members;
- Actively look for and identify new business opportunities, together with more senior colleagues, and participate in pitches;
- Understand APCO’s business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization;
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and building of sector knowledge and contacts.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role;
- A minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in consultancy, trade associations, in-house, or European institutions;
- Proven experience working on EU environmental and climate policies; experience working on chemicals and/or circular economy is a plus.
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures;
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs projects at EU level;
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong network within the EU institutions;
- Excellent project and people management skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, proactive “can-do” attitude;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), excellent command of another EU Member State's language desirable;
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Eligible to work in the EU.
Only candidates with demonstrable experience and skills matching the above profile and requirements should apply.
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a diverse and dynamic team in our Brussels office and will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across APCO’s global network.
About APCO Worldwide:
APCO Worldwide is a strategic advisory, advocacy and communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and achieve impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
About APCO in Brussels:
The Brussels office consists of 35+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy & sustainability etc.
By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be contacting successful candidates.