Associate Director, Corporate Affairs
APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking an Associate Director in Beijing who will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, Greater China.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading client relationships, managing account teams, developing client deliverables and supporting business development. S/he will interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary client contact and independently manages client relationships
- Manages project teams, delegates tasks effectively and oversees the development of client deliverables to ensure high quality standards
- Leads internal and client meetings and offers clients insights and suggestions
- Provide strategy consultancy and execution support to clients with a focus on corporate communications, media relations, issue/crisis management and thought leadership building
- Analyzes client requirements to develop scopes of work and budgets that are appropriate and profitable
- Engages clients to effectively address issues, manage budgets and makes changes as necessary to improve account performance
- Manages multiple projects/clients and effectively coordinates with other team leaders on project staffing
- Supervises a team of 3-5 project staff, develops team members’ skills, and offers coaching and mentoring
- Promotes a healthy work environment based on respect and support of colleagues
- Drives initiatives that recognize and reward people’s efforts/achievements
- Proposes innovative solutions and creative ideas for current and prospective clients
- Creates high quality proposals and pitch presentations
- Works in close collaboration with other senior staff in Greater China to generate new business
- Actively seeks opportunities for marketing APCO through thought leadership and networking activities
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: University degree or higher
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a consulting firm, corporation, diplomatic or media organization; experience in healthcare, education, food or technology sectors preferred.
Core Skills: Critical thinking ability; excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong project, budget and client management skills
Languages: Fluency in Mandarin and English required.
The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.
For more information please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com