Associate Consultant/Consultant, Strategic Partnerships
Reporting to the Global Head, Multiplier Partnerships & Global Platforms, this position will play a key role in the coordination and management of projects for a diverse set of clients, and support of strategic initiatives around global platform events and organizations including UN General Assembly, World Economic Forum and others. The selected candidate must have the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines, and ensure flawless client support under tight deadlines while staying abreast of current events at the national and international level.
- Leverage policy/public affairs/communications background to provide the highest level of client service on key projects, tailoring global partnership strategy and assets to various client needs
- Support engagement with external stakeholders that may include media, policy, NGO and business leaders, supporting both client and global partnerships team efforts
- Produce high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Manage day-to-day activities to support team and client mobilization around global platform events and initiatives
- Monitor and stay abreast of external developments in key client issue areas, and identify opportunities for further client engagement
- Collaborate with internal teams across practice areas and geographies and lead on new business development initiatives (including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations), supporting the multiplier partnerships & global platforms team
- Develop a master platform/tracker for key global events and proactively help vet and identify new platforms and strategic opportunities for the firm and our clients
- Plan, schedule, and manage multiple projects ensuring deliverables are consistent with high standards and key deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively support high level engagements through preparation (and supervision of interns / other team members) of materials to include developing backgrounders, pulling bios, creating briefing books, conducting and circulating media scans, compiling marketing materials, drafting talking points, etc.
Qualifications & Standards
- Must be well-versed in and curios about global agenda setting events, international developments and news at local, national, and international levels
- 3-4 years of experience in consulting / international organizations / agency / media is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in International Affairs, Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or other related field
- Strong presentation skills with the ability interface with clients and new business prospects
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Ability to develop understanding of client issues through research and monitoring of relevant issues
- Solid project management experience with the proven ability to manage multiple projects, client initiatives, and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience coordinating conferences and large-scale external events convening global audiences
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Proficiency and understanding of variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Beyond familiarity with the basics (Microsoft products/platforms, media databases and social media networks), design and visual storytelling skills are a big plus
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.