Consultant/ Senior Consultant - Communications and Advocacy
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Southeast Asia
APCO is a full-service strategic advisory and advocacy consultancy founded in 1984. Our solutions range from advisory, public affairs, strategic communications, government relations, market access/trade strategy, media relations, geopolitical risk assessment and digital/social content and engagement strategy.
APCO has strong expertise and extensive experience serving the healthcare, technology, philanthropy, education, financial, energy, food, consumer products and retail sectors. It has established multiple partnerships across sectors, particularly those in the area of social impact, emerging technologies and with experts in health, technology and CSR/sustainability. At the 2020 Asia-Pacific SABRE Awards, APCO was named one of the top firms to work for in Asia Pacific. In addition, the Southeast Asia team was a finalist in both the top consultancy in SEA in the categories of corporate/financial and healthcare.
APCO’s hub office in Singapore has supported leading clients from multinational companies and international organizations to governments and NGOs since 2006. APCO offers insights to help navigate the many dynamic markets in the region with its presence across the region, including Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia. The Southeast Asia team also supports many clients throughout Asia Pacific markets including Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
With a proud history in Southeast Asia, APCO has successfully helped many organizations navigate the region’s complex business and social landscape throughout its rapid growth.
- Manages projects independently and leads day-to-day client communication and coordination
- Produces excellent written deliverables in English (business level), including client reports, proposals, and PowerPoint decks
- Strategist who understands the political system/communications landscape in South east Asia and can effectively advise and consult for clients, while also leading on execution
- Deep experience in government engagement/corporate and issue-focused media relations, digital communication and wider stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects/clients and sets high standards for client service
Note: this role will focus on corporate affairs, public affairs and strategic communications..
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Promotes a healthy work environment based on respect and support of colleagues
- Entrepreneurial and drives initiatives that recognize and reward staff efforts/achievements
- Encourages and values individual differences, diverse ideas and experiences
- Actively participates new business pitches, contributing ideas and strategy
- Proposes innovative solutions and creative ideas for current and prospective clients
- Actively seeks opportunities for marketing APCO through thought leadership, networking, etc.
- Develops a network of professional contacts where s/he is identified as an expert on corporate and public affairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
EDUCATION: University degree or higher
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4-7 years relevant experience in a consulting firm, corporation, government organization, academic institution or diplomatic posting.
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: The position will be based in APCO’s Manila office working alongside approximately 25 Singaporean and international staff in Singapore, and with a wider pool of global colleagues. Some local travel and occasional international travel may be required.