About APCO Middle East
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 30 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 32 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait. Our projects also take us to Cairo, Amman, Muscat, Beirut and other markets in the Levant.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MEA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the Middle East and pride ourselves on making an impact.
Digital strategists’ partner with clients to develop, launch and optimize their digital business strategies. Our digital strategy group is a collaborative unit that works alongside our creative and technology teams. Strategists have a passion for turning insight into big, bold ideas. We’re looking for communicators, strategists, planners that combine killer research skills with an ability to discover and articulate insights and how those insights inform a communications strategy. Our strategists are responsible for establishing the strategic direction and thoughtful implementation of programs for a portfolio of clients. In addition to client-oriented solutions, you will be expected to think of new research projects, methods and strategy products APCO can develop to provide value in new ways. You will be proactive, spark debate and seen as a resource able to consistently deliver high quality, actionable thinking.
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on analytics, meaningful digital experiences and well-coordinated influencer engagement
- Connect with clients to identify key strategic challenge(s) and business, communications and digital needs to be addressed; evaluate scope of strategic engagement
- Proactively suggest strategic direction for clients, but also be capable of ‘hands-on’ delivery when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with other strategy colleagues, client partners, discipline leads, and other internal partners
- Collaborate with colleagues in other offices
- Lead RFP responses in terms of strategy, creative thinking and tactical executions
- Partner with client services to help grow key large accounts and ensure client satisfaction
- Lead large scale projects and events managing large teams and multiple stakeholders
- 8+ years’ experience in a digital environment
- Successful track record of delivering strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact
- Excellent knowledge of the entire digital ecosystem (Social Media, SEO, SEM, Web Development, Digital Advertising, Social Media Advertising)
- Very strong project management and technical skills including content development
- Experience in industry-standard Analytics and Big Data tools
- Excellent communications skills and strong client management
- A great storyteller and story maker
- Talent to manage clients from multiple backgrounds and industries