Media Relations Executive
APCO Worldwide has an immediate opportunity for Media Relations Specialist to join our growing Riyadh office, in Saudi Arabia.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
About APCO Middle East
The Gulf Region is home to over 150 APCO consultants who speak more than 30 languages. APCO works with large governments, semi-governments and major corporate entities to manage their reputations in one of the most complex political and socioeconomic landscapes in the world. APCO has a strong track record of helping organizations navigate the Gulf region. We provide on-the-ground support, work at the highest levels of government, support several megaprojects and have created entire communications infrastructures concerning major brand initiatives and international communications efforts for a range of Gulf region clients by providing the best APCO has to offer.
As Media Relations specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media reps.
Day to day role;
- Prepare articles and press releases for the media.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Optimize communication system to enhance accuracy of communication.
- Create effective communication channels.
- Enhance effectiveness of press and publicity function.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company and address questions and complaints.
- Develop relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Assemble press kits.
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use.
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 5-7 years of media experience – agency experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate exceptional writing and analytical skills
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Strong presentation skills
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks