Senior Revenue Accountant (Senior Accountant)
By joining our worldwide corporate finance team, you will be joining colleagues from all over the world who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The Senior Revenue Accountant is a key member of the finance team and is primarily responsible for supporting the Sr. Director, Client Accounting who manages the North American revenue cycle, maintaining best practices in client profitability, and assisting project managers through the life of a project. The position requires excellent communication and analytical skills and reports to the Sr. Director, Client Accounting.
- Management of the monthly revenue recognition process, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Liaise between the Sr. Director, Client Accounting and finance team to ensure best practices
- Plan, track, and analyze financial data to assist in the management of project work
- Assist in preparation, tracking, and administration of project budgets
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management and clients
- Train project managers on NetSuite (Maconomy) through the project life cycle
- Prepare, support, and participate in the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process
- Responsible for various elements of project status reporting, monitoring project progress, and communicating project information
- Work with Finance team to ensure that balance sheet accounts related to the revenue process are accurate; includes posting revenue journal entries
- Interact closely with project team leaders, management, and clients to assist with proposals, contracts, budgets, invoicing, preparing various project analyses, assisting with contract closeout, invoicing, and assisting with collection efforts
- Special projects as determined by the Sr. Director, Client Accounting and Chief Operating Officer & Financial Director
- BS degree Business/Finance/Accounting or related
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with project management and project financial management in a multi-currency and professional services environment.
- Excellent customer service, research, communication, and leadership skills
- Must possess business acumen with the ability to work in a team setting and to think critically
- Experience with Maconomy software system preferred