Consultant, Corporate Communications
Consultant, Corporate Communication
APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency and public affairs consultancy, is looking for an experienced communications professional to join its Italy team.
We are looking for a Consultant to join our successful and growing team to work across a range of international corporate communications clients. The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple accounts and leading campaigns for clients, with a strong track record of working with the media and a knowledge and understanding of policy and politics.
APCO in Italy
APCO’s multi-lingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory, and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets. The Italian team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Handling and supporting in the day-to-day running of accounts and campaigns
- Participating in strategy development for client initiatives and campaigns
- Managing, training and mentoring junior team members
- Overseeing the running of busy press office functions and acting as quality control for written materials (press releases, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries, social content, etc)
- Acting as the key point of contact between APCO offices on multi-market accounts
- Coming up with creative ideas for how to improve services to our clients
- Attending and actively participating in client and internal meetings Participating in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Contacting and handling relationship with media. An existing media network is a plus
- Playing an active role in new business
The successful candidate will be/have:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a communications role (from either an in-house or agency background). Agency experience is a plus
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Someone who thrives on the variety and diversity of agency life
- Extensive work experience to account manager level in a public relations communication environment (corporate communication, media relations)
- Experience of and an aptitude for managing junior team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record working with the media
- An active interest in digital/social media
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest consultants
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities both in Italy and abroad to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com