Project Consultant, Corporate Affairs
APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking a Project Consultant in Shanghai who will work under the supervision of an associate director or a senior consultant and interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
- Support corporate affairs client work across tasks from messaging development, executive profiling, brand positioning to issue management and media engagement
- Deliver high-quality work together with the project teams under minimal supervision from project managers
- Contribute actively in internal and client meetings by offering strategic and insightful suggestions
- Support senior managers to develop new business by preparing credentials and proposals
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
Education: University degree or higher, preferred in Strategic Communications, Media Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years relevant working experience in a consulting firm, corporation, non-profit or media organization, experience in healthcare or retail sectors preferred.
- Familiarity with mainstream Chinese media outlets, experience in digital communication preferred
- Be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills, with the ability to articulate messages clearly and in a style appreciate to target audience.
- Has good time management sense and proactive learning attitude.
- Self-motived, efficient, responsible, flexible and adaptable to different tasks at hand.
Languages: Exceptional Chinese and English speaking and writing skills required
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.