Administrative Assistant (fixed term contract)
APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency, is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join its Moscow office on a fixed-term basis. This is a junior-level administrative role, working as part of a small office team to provide support to both internal and external clients, assisting in daily office administrative needs, booking travel, and helping to organise internal and external events.
- Deliver a great customer service experience and act in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with external and internal clients in person, on the phone or via email
- Support both external and internal client needs with general admin tasks including printing, binding, photocopying, booking couriers and taxis, etc.
- Set up meetings and technology to ensure a smooth and professional environment for all external and internal clients
- Provide secretariat and administrative support for some external clients including email management, data entry, record-keeping and event planning
- Proactively support the organisation and planning of internal and external events; negotiate and liaise with venues, send invitations and collate attendee lists, organise printed materials and assist at the event
- Work closely with the Finance Team to process monthly office credit card expenses
- Proactively and promptly respond to queries and liaise with the Managing Director to efficiently progress any duties assigned
- Arrange business travel including booking flights, transfers, accommodation and visas in accordance with the company’s Travel Policy
- Demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Act as fire warden and first aider
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required
We are looking for a positive and motivated individual who thrives in a fast-moving customer orientated environment, putting the needs of their clients (both external and internal) at the forefront of their mind - a confident communicator with a warm personality and a natural ability to build a friendly yet professional rapport.
- Experience working in a professional environment with a proven ability to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly on the job, stay calm in a crisis and take own initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and an interest in learning about technology
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Educated to college equivalent in a relevant subject desirable
- Customer Service qualification would be desirable
- Excellent Russian and English Language skills
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Russia has proven itself to be an essential diplomatic power playing a vital role in responding many global issues and threats and leading in the multilateral projects with its partners in establishing balance in economic, social and political affairs specifically through BRICS and the Eurasian Union. While becoming extremely challenging amid geopolitical turbulence and overall economic unrest, Russia remains a key investment destination for multinational companies. This investment will only continue as many investors see Russia under-exploited and its markets being far from saturated. It is ranked 35th (out of 190 countries) of the 2018 Doing Business ranking established by the World Bank, a five-point increase compared to the previous year.
APCO’s operations in Russia were founded in 1989 in Moscow. Our core team on the ground supported by strategic partners and external consultants manages ongoing work for major Russian and international clients in Russia and CIS countries. Our clients benefit from tailored ‘glocal’ approach augmented by deep knowledge of political landscape, business and policy issues, and operating environment in combination with APCO’s vision, decades of experience, global expertise and access to the international resources and best practices.