Account Supervisor, Agency Health Policy
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health care and health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades. Our clients include leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, patient advocacy groups and medical device makers.
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work focused, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, policy focused health accounts
- Manage workstream of health accounts, managing all internal and client timelines, ensuring both teams meet deadlines
- Provide policy-focused lens to client programs and initiatives
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as policy papers, press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Confidently engage with senior client staff and leadership, including leading client meetings
- Build credibility with clients by offering knowledgeable observations, insights and strategic thinking regarding communications and public affairs activities
- Guide internal teams in the development of client strategy and planning
- 3-6 years of experience in health policy communications or public affairs; prior agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally, with an emphasis on health policy issues
- A clear passion for health care issues
- Experience working on Capitol Hill, at an agency or think tank with a focus on health policy issues
- Track record of running successful communications or public affairs campaigns
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing individuals and/or a team
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.