Project Consultant, Communications
Named the 2017 PR Agency of the year by the New York Observer, we are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
At APCO, Project Consultants work closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in
You will support client projects by writing and distributing client materials (i.e. client reports, opinion pieces, PowerPoints decks, fact sheets, press releases); researching issues, trends, stakeholders, and best practices; engaging in select media relations opportunities; coordinating meetings and events; and supporting a wide array of ad-hoc client deliverables.
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate and non-profit clients
- Provide top client service
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Support strategy development for client campaigns
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- At least 2 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, public policy,
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Digital/social media fluency and beneficial if experienced conducting research using digital tools
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.