Intern, Creative - Fall 2019
APCO Worldwide, Inc. is looking for forward-thinking and enthusiastic interns for the fall of 2019. Interns are assigned to various practices within APCO (global marketing, health care & health policy, public affairs, crisis management & litigation communication, global solutions, insight/research, the office of chairman, creative & digital, and human resources). APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns, a global pen pal program, and hands-on experience in the industry.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of the APCO Internship Program?
- Assisting the studio team with multimedia creative projects;
- General production support, including: photo sourcing and retouching, incorporating edits to multimedia projects, preparing/editing PowerPoint presentations and Word documents, designing logos and brand identities, file management and archiving, and developing social media graphics;
- Research and analysis on non-design projects;
- Works with creative directors, producers, editors, writers, and project/account staff, both in the studio and in the field;
- Video editing, motion design, video production; and interest in illustration are preferred;
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail. Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong design ability, and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks.
You’ll also have an opportunity to be part of daily meetings with the design team and learn about many projects and processes—all of which will make for excellent contributions to your portfolio and resume at the end of your time here.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects);
- Previous work in a design studio or video production environment;
- Recent graduate or currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related field;
- Candidates must be team players with excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills as well as the ability to work against tight deadlines;
- Candidates must be available at least four full days a week and must be able to spend at least 20 hours per week in the office;
- Knowledge of Readymag or HTML/CSS is a plus.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named a PRWeek Best Place to Work 2018 and 2018 Global Public Affairs Agencies of the Year by The Holmes Report, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.