Associate Consultant, Strategic Communications
You are self-directed, proactive and motivated to win for your clients every day. You create opportunities to drive the message and leverage the full spectrum of communications and engagement tactics. You have experience managing major communications projects and leading integrated teams. You have a desire to learn and grow – both across industries and communications mediums. You know how to work with clients and have a positive, go-getter attitude.
What we bring you: One of DC’s best places to work, ranked Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report. Smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and digital resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Manage a wide range of strategic communications projects for our high profile, globally-recognized clients
- Provide the highest level of client service on a daily basis, while also managing staff (both senior and junior) to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Design and implement multi-faceted, integrated communications to position client issues with among hard-to-reach audiences, including elected officials, media and business elites
- Create effective messages and produce high-quality written deliverables, such as issue backgrounders, press materials, messaging toolkits and social media content, often under tight deadlines
- Own media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with reporters, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences and more
- Monitor developments in key client issue areas and flag opportunities for further client engagement
- Manage client budgets, ensuring that projects and corresponding staffing are within allotted budgets
- Participate in business development activities, including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- At least 5-8 years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs, including at least 2-3 years leading client projects from start-to-finish
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Outstanding presentation skills and experience briefing senior-level clients
- Agency or management consulting experience is a plus
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communications, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.