Intern - Corporate Communication
APCO Worldwide is currently seeking to fill in an internship position in the Milan office for a period of six months.
The successful candidate will support the consultants’ work while also conducting broad research and intelligence assignments for the general purpose of the office. He/she will be involved in both Public Affairs and communication campaigns.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication, stakeholder engagement and business strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
APCO helps clients anticipate what’s next and smartly manage reputational, communication and business opportunities and challenges that affect organizations, products, services or brands. Our diverse and hands-on global team of more than 700 experts comes from the environments clients need to reach, from former elected leaders, journalists and ambassadors to government officials and business executives.
APCO was named the 2017 Best EMEA Network To Work For by the Holmes Report, and have received numerous awards and accolades for both our campaigns and our excellent performance as a company.
The following are specific duties performed on a daily basis:
- Provide general research and intelligence to the office (eg. monitoring media, institutional developments, policy and legislative updates)
- Develop understanding of different client/ industry issues through research and monitoring across a wide range of relevant issues
- Draft client materials (eg. monitoring, policy and stakeholder mappings, etc.)
- Actively support new business opportunities by contributing to brainstorms, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing decks
- Support media relations (eg. drafting press releases, producing media lists)
- Support event coordination and logistics organization
- Any other task deemed reasonable
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in politics, media/communication or equivalent;
- Language skills: Fluency in English and Italian, command of another language is considered a plus;
- Prior experience working in news organizations, Italian and European institutions, in-house, consultancy or within a trade association desirable;
- Knowledge and interest in public affairs, politics and communication
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Eligible to work in the EU
Thanks for applying using our career online tool.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be contacting successful candidates.