Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.
We are looking for a creative Animator based in Amman to develop excellent short films with 2D and/or 3D or other techniques. Your work will give life to short social executions or longer scripts.
The Animator should possess a creative eye and a positive and proactive attitude. They can easily turn a script or a concept into an impressive animation. To excel in this role, you must be highly skilled in Adobe After Effects as a must, and 3D software optional. Design capabilities is a big plus.
- Read scripts and storylines to understand animation requirements
- Develop storyboards for the initial stages of production
- Create models, drawings and illustrations by hand or electronically
- Join images with background graphics and special effects
- Ensure synchronization of frames and audio
- Participate in editing process
- Direct the work of animation across multiple team members
- Collaborate with production crew (designers, directors etc.)
Qualifications & Standards
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience as an animator
- Knowledge of 2D/3D animation
- Proficient with CGI software, After Effects, Premiere,… etc
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to oversee multiple projects and client initiatives, and manage teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills
- Fluent in both English and Arabic both written and verbal
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media network