Digital Media Buyer
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 750 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.
About the Role
The Digital Media Buyer will assist in building, launching, managing, and optimizing digital strategy, planning, and buying of client campaigns across all digital touchpoints/platforms. Technical and experienced digital media buyer with stellar knowledge of strategy, planning, and buying within all digital ecosystems: SSPs, DSPs, Ad Exchanges, Ad Networks, Trading Desks, search, social, and direct. The ideal candidate will be accountable for the success of digital, programmatic, social, and performance marketing. Digital Media Buyer will provide actionable campaign insights to both internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Confidently execute and manage/buy all digital media campaigns across all digital channels and devices (display, social, video, native, etc). These include, but are not limited to Google (DV360, search, YouTube), Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN, Amazon, etc.
- Implement trades in multiple programmatic consoles with a deep understanding of campaign optimization strategy (bid management, tactic, audience analysis, etc.) Utilize audience targeting strategies and creative testing frameworks to improve engagement and ROAS
- Work alongside Data Analysts to troubleshoot campaign performance and delivery, utilizing data insights to develop campaign optimizations and test strategies that over-deliver on client KPIs and their needs
- Act as Programmatic subject matter expert and lead on all training and growth opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with media partners, ad tech firms, media agencies, trading desks, DSPs, to ensure optimal campaign execution and oversight of inventory quality, viewability, fraud, and client brand-safety
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize job related responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Pay great attention to detail and focus on quality and results of campaigns (per technique, creative unit, and inventory) for all digital campaigns. Assumes accountability and ownership of campaigns.
- Develop in-depth, streamlined reports to showcase campaign performance
- 4+ years of digital media experience with social and search advertising
- Agency experience required
- Experience working with and selling into large Fortune 500 companies preferred
- Familiarity with the advertising technology landscape and ecosystem (DSP's, SSP's, DMP's, 3rd Party Data/Verification/Optimization, Media Quality, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of media vendors, platforms, verification partners and DSPs – DV360, The Trade Desk, etc.
- Google Ads certified preferred
- Google Analytics certified preferred
- BA/BS degree required