APCO Worldwide is a global communications consultancy. We bring our clients’ brands and messages to life creatively and digitally through unconventional thinking and a campaigning mindset. Founded in Washington D.C. in 1984, APCO has grown from a small, one-office firm to a leading global communications consultancy which now operates in more than 80 markets around the world. We secured our independence from Grey Global Group back in 2004 and are now a majority employee-owned business. We are one of the largest independent agencies in the world and the foremost women-owned business in our industry.
We are looking for a Digital Consultant with strong experience in developing data-driven strategies to support our Italy and Germany offices. This role will be based in one of Italy offices (Rome or Milan) and will support both office’s social media and digital communication, as well as research capabilities with a talented, experienced, and multilingual professional. We are looking for an Italian and English speaker, who has experience using and/or interpreting data from a number of digital and opinion research tools and who will have managed and supported clients and projects from inception to successful delivery.
You will be expected to provide clients and new business prospects with insights and practical advice for improving their digital wider communications performance, based on analytics as well as your own experience and creative ideas. This position would suit an individual interested in using diverse research methodologies (e.g. opinion research, digital and social media analytics) and translate those into strategies for wider communications programs.
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on analytics, meaningful digital experiences and well-coordinated influencer engagement;
- Connect with clients to identify key strategic challenge(s) and business, communications and digital as well as analytical needs to be addressed; evaluate scope of strategic engagement;
- Participate in pitches and business development process;
- Partner with client leaders to help grow key large accounts and ensure client satisfaction by offering social media strategies, training, implementation and development, content strategies, online influencer assessments, planning and implementation of digital communications campaigns, digital communications at events etc.
- Work closely with Digital analytics and opinion research specialists across APCO's European networks, enlisting support where needed 'Visualize data insights using charts, graphs and tables and develop reports in PowerPoint
- Prepare and monitor quantitative data collection
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a digital environment, preferably within consultancy or in-house with business development involvement;
- Familiarity with digital and analytical tools, and 'ability to interpret data tables from opinion research
- Degree/ post-graduate degree relevant to the position or equivalent experience
- Prior successful track record of delivering strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact;
- In-depth digital sector knowledge and understanding at EU level;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- An ability to get up to speed fast with complex technical debates and a pro-active approach when working with colleagues and clients
- Italian and English-language proficiency are a must, German proficiency is a big plus
- Eligible to work in the EU
- Strong interest in wider communications challenges facing a range of corporate and other clients'
- Office environment is general office setting
- Some travel may be required
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.