Consultant, Digital (Account Manager)
APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency is looking for an experienced digital professional to join its award-winning London team.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. We were named International Consultancy of the Year, 2018 at the PRCA Awards; awarded EMEA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year, 2018 and Best EMEA Network To Work For, 2019 by The Holmes Report.
We are looking to supplement our London office’s strategic digital communications capability with a talented consultant (account manager) to join our successful and growing team to work on a range of new and existing clients.
You will have experience of developing digital strategies for clients and working across digital disciplines including research & analytics, content strategy/ development, community management and paid advertising and amplification. You will be expected to provide clients and new business prospects with insights and practical advice for improving their digital performance, based on analytics as well as your own experience and creative ideas. Some issues and crisis management experience is preferred.
Our approach: digital anthropology
APCO takes an anthropological approach to digital communications. Online behaviour matters, because it reflects our real-world values. Where we obtain information, how we react to it and with whom we share it all reveal our deepest convictions and beliefs. These beliefs influence our perceptions and shape how we receive communications.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Handling the day-to-day running of large accounts and campaigns
- Managing significant client projects independently, preparing client-ready materials for delivery (e.g. web and social content, digital strategic research and recommendations, recommendations for paid amplification) and reviewing the work product of junior team members
- Sharing digital knowledge with London office and upskilling colleagues in digital, leading internal training sessions and providing on-the-job training
- Identifying ways for expanding client engagement and take initiative with appropriate contacts to pursue expansion of work
- Managing and overseeing the work of more junior colleagues, providing feedback and ensuring the quality of work
- Creating pitch decks in response to briefs and contribute meaningfully at pitches
- Drafting complete proposals for client work showing strategic thought, scope of work and pricing; works with an understanding of APCO’s tools, business model, and structure
- Independently coordinating client meetings and events.
- Demonstrating confidence and projects the presence of a consultant in client engagements (on phone, in person, with prospects)
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Currently operating at either senior account executive or account manager level (digital agency experience highly desirable) and be able to work across a diverse portfolio of clients and sectors including healthcare; technology; food and beverage; and preferably energy, environment and sustainability
- Experience of providing digital analytics and social listening analysis for clients
- Experience of devising and executing integrated campaigns and active interest and experience in delivering digital/social media tactics would be preferable
- Experience of and an aptitude for managing junior team members
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of domestic and international clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from offices around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.