APCO Worldwide has an immediate opportunity for a (Senior) Consultant to join our growing German offices (Berlin or Frankfurt).
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
As a (Senior) Consultant, you will lead project work and collaborate closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on strategy development, day-to-day consulting, research, writing, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including public affairs, corporate communication, and crisis communication.
Examples of work:
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Independently manages several small accounts or projects for large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact with support and supervision, as needed
- Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust
andconfidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as position papers, press materials, messaging toolkits, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Leads media relations efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press conferences, and more
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- Articulates and applies agency vision, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities
The ideal candidate will
- Ideally, a minimum of 5-7 years of PR/strategic communications, public affairs or media experience – agency experience is
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience developing and supporting strategic communications (corporate communications, issues management, internal communications, crisis communications, etc.) plans across various industries and subject areas
- Able to demonstrate exceptional writing and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans, messaging and press materials and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector is desirable
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Strong presentation skills
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks