Consultant (Account Manager)
We are looking for a mid-level Consultant (Account Manager) to join our growing team in Paris. This role will support and implement a wide range of strategic communication & public affairs projects and campaigns. The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a communications role.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 650 experts.
APCO Worldwide has been established in Paris for 20 years, and our diverse and talented team is well connected to journalists, business and nonprofit executives, government officials, market researchers, and experts in a variety of sectors. With a team of 25 consultants, APCO works for clients spanning a wide range of industries: pharmaceuticals and healthcare, IT and new technologies, food and consumer products, energy and clean tech, financial services, transportation as well as government representation. It is a member of AFCL, the French lobbying trade association.
You will work closely with colleagues at all levels on research, writing, media or political issues and creative problem-solving. You will be involved in day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. press releases, fact sheets, messaging, mappings, strategic recommendations, briefings…); monitoring issues, media or public events and debates; and by conducting and analysing research on a variety of client-related issues, political projects or on business development efforts.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including public affairs and government relations, corporate communication, crisis and issues management, corporate social responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in
Examples of work:
- Supports and implements a wide range of strategic communication / public affairs projects and campaigns for our high-profile, globally recognized clients
- Provides the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management
flawlesswritten deliverables under tight deadlines
- Participates in strategy development for client initiatives and campaigns
- Takes ownership of media relations and public affairs efforts including cultivating relationships
- Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
- Participates in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Mentors and drives the work of interns and more junior staff
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 to 5 years of PR/strategic communications, public affairs or media experience – agency experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience developing and supporting public affairs programs and strategic communications plans (corporate or financial communications, issues management, internal communications, crisis communications, etc.) across various industries and subject areas, with a focus on healthcare as well as food and consumer goods
- Able to demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans, messaging, position papers and press materials and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Good proficiency of social media networks as well as the ability to develop and manage social media strategies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and media databases
- Full proficiency to work in French and English; other languages a plus