Visual Communication and Creative Design Intern
About APCO in Brussels:
The Brussels office consists of 40+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, competition, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented, recently graduated, creative graphic design intern to join our Brussels team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have some experience in graphic design already, a good portfolio and a strong interest in visual storytelling. He/she will have the ability to deliver high quality work with challenging deadlines, for very diverse clients. He/she will be a problem solver, extremely organized, with great creativity and a good teammate to other talented people. He/she will also be interested in learning new skills and abilities.
Interns at APCO
Our interns are treated as an extension of our APCO family, working with staff at all levels, participating in client work, pitching ideas, and collaborating with fellow interns and staff. This experience allows our interns to have a true taste of what it’s like to work as a designer in a global communications consultancy. At APCO, an internship isn’t just about working hard, you’ll have a well-rounded experience that includes social events for networking intern, outings for team building, mentorship, informational seminars, lunch discussions with senior staff and afterwork activities.
- Develop client deliverables that require design solutions, such as social media graphics and visuals, infographics, banners, presentations, posters, templates, booklet, small animations and advertising.
- Implement communication materials that respect our client’s brand guidelines.
- Design materials for marketing and new business development initiatives, such as one pagers, business proposals, templates, newsletters and webzines.
- An introduction to the core tasks, so that you can better understand the nature of the work in a global communications firm. These tasks should help you understand the needs of the industry and consultants’ expectations in terms of visuals and communication.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or higher.
- Proficiency with Adobe CS Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop) is required and MS Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel) software is also a plus.
- A team-oriented, autonomous, flexible and independent way of working.
- Ability to deliver quality work and good attention to detail.
- Good English writing and speaking skills (office spoken language is English).
- An interest in ideation, media content and storytelling.
- Keen to learn and be challenged, incorporate feedback to achieve more effective design solutions.
Additional skills that will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in GIF, video, animation, illustration, UX/UI design
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects
- Experience in web design/CMS (Wordpress, HTML, etc.)
- Email marketing automation tools (Mailchimp, Poppulo, etc.)
Applications without a visual portfolio will not be considered.
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is a strategic advisory, advocacy and communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and achieve impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
About the internship agreement
The internship agreement will be a “Convention d’Immersion Profesionnelle” and will comply to the rules, principles and processes of this type of contract.
More information on this type of contract may be found on: