Project Consultant, International Corporate Comms (Senior Account Executive)
APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency, is looking for bright, ambitious communications professionals with existing experience to join its award-winning London team.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. We were named International Consultancy of the Year, 2018 at the PRCA Awards; awarded EMEA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year, 2018 and Best EMEA Network To Work For, 2019 by The Holmes Report; and listed in the 2019 Top 20 UK Healthcare Agencies by PRWeek.
APCO Global Solutions advises political leaders, CEOs and high-profile individuals, helping them successfully navigate reputational challenges, disputes, investment opportunities, crises and complex geopolitical issues.
We are looking for a Project Consultant / Senior Account Executive with existing experience working in international communications.
Project Consultants are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (activity reports, press releases, credentials and proposals) and by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues, stakeholder mapping and media monitoring. They are responsible for coordinating research, meetings and events, and working on client deliverables under the supervisor of a Consultant or assigned account manager. Project Consultants are expected to demonstrate strong tactical abilities and writing fundamentals, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Preparing customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (which requires a minimal review by project managers);
- Drafting complete initial proposals for client work;
- Active participation in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions;
- Ability to maintain email/telephone contacts with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene on routine matters;
- Contributing to and preparing the “basic” reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g, perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, summary reports, etc.) with minimal guidance and review by managers;
- Coming up with creative ideas for how to improve services to our clients;
- Supporting on new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in an agency and be someone who thrives on the variety and diversity of agency life;
- A relevant degree; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record working with the media, mining compelling stories and securing high-quality media coverage for clients;
- A genuine interest in current affairs;
- An understanding of and interest in digital / social media;
- A proactive and positive attitude and a desire to learn and develop on the job;
We are recognized as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest;
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world;
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits.
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.