APCO IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Home to some of the fastest-growing economies in the world, the Middle East and Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 30 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 32 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait. Our projects also take us to Cairo, Amman, Muscat, Beirut and other markets in the Levant.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MEA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the Middle East and pride ourselves on making an impact.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Arabic Editor to join our growing team in Saud Arabia. The roles would suit candidates who have experience in corporate communications or business communications.
By joining our team, you will be working with smart and experienced colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to effect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
- Assist various client teams in writing news releases, media invites, Q&As, speeches, features, bios and other internal communication material such as corporate/business presentations in PPT or other such software
- Review, edit and rewrite all messages as required by team members
- Ability to understand the requirements of various teams and convey the client’s key messages adequately and appropriately through effective use of language
- Support teams by providing error-free media-worthy material
- Suggest, tip and guide client-handling teams on matters related to media requests
- Interact with the team members and support them in building accurate communication measures
- Efficiently manage deadline-oriented workflow of releases, invites and requests from various team members on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques or ideas at brainstorming sessions
- Literature/Journalism/Communications with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Public Relations or Journalism, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a member of a corporate communications team preferred
- Excellent grammar, editing, writing and re-writing skills;
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- A wordsmith who is proficient enough to provide error-free releases/invites that can be accepted by the media
- Ability to recognize the key messages of clients and offer effective ways to forcefully convey those messages
- Capable of rapidly handling industry-specific research to add value to the releases and other communication material for the teams
- Completely thorough with local, regional and global current-affairs
- Quick with computers especially skilled in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independent global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – and a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
- APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best Place to Work, 2018” by PRWeek and the “Global Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2018” by the Holmes Report.
- The Middle East region is home to over 200 APCO consultants who speak more than 30 languages. APCO works with large governments, semi-government organizations and major corporate entities to manage their reputations and navigate one of the most complex political and socioeconomic landscapes in the world.
- Across the region, APCO consistently delivers innovative solutions for clients, including BOT (build-operate-transfer) expertise and License to Operate services. The Middle East offices also drive the ‘APCO AI Comms Lab’, a first-of-its-kind innovation center that utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations.