Account Supervisor, Agency Health Practice
By joining our team, you will be collaborating with colleagues who are open, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve complicated problems, create campaigns and come up with new ideas, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
Our health team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Contribute to deliverables and strategy development
- Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust and confidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- At least 3-6 years of experience in health care communication, agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen understanding of complex health care industry and issues
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally, the health insurance market, and medical technology industries
- A clear passion for health care issues and the health care industry
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.