Senior Account Manager
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independent global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – and a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best Place to Work, 2018” by PRWeek and the “Global Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2018” by the Holmes Report.
The Middle East region is home to over 200 APCO consultants who speak more than 30 languages. APCO works with large governments, semi-government organizations and major corporate entities to manage their reputations and navigate one of the most complex political and socioeconomic landscapes in the world.
Across the region, APCO consistently delivers innovative solutions for clients, including BOT (build-operate-transfer) expertise and License to Operate services. The Middle East offices also drive the ‘APCO AI Comms Lab’, a first-of-its-kind innovation center that utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations.
Senior Account Manager, Riyadh - KSA
A Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing portions of large client projects or managing small client projects independently. She/he is responsible for preparing client-ready materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials, proposals) and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
Demonstrating successful performance as a Senior Account Manager
- Prepare and lead customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (requiring little to no revisions by managers)
- Able to approve complete proposals for client work showing strategic thought, scope or work and pricing. Works with an understanding of APCO’s tools, business model, and structure
- Identify ways for expanding client engagement and take initiative with appropriate contacts to pursue expansion of work
- Participate actively in internal and client meetings, sometimes leading them, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions; maintain awareness of “air time” and foster participation of other colleagues
- Lead effective brainstorming sessions
- Be able to maintain independent contact with client in providing service; maintain email/telephone contacts with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene
- Demonstrate confidence and projects the presence of a consultant in client engagements (on phone, in person, with prospects)
- Prepare comprehensive reports and deliverables required in the specific functional capacity (e.g, perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, etc.) with minimal guidance and review by managers
- Proactively identify external meetings and trainings to attend to build sector knowledge and contacts.
- Meets or exceeds assigned utilization targets
- Manages on a macro level and oversees the work of more junior colleagues, providing feedback and ensuring the quality of work
- Demonstrates and reinforces APCO values and behaviors
Qualifications & Standards
- Ideally, a minimum of 7-9 years’ experience in communications, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Proficiency in writing, media relations, persuasive communications and consulting
- Tactful and poised under pressure, especially while managing sensitive client projects
- Able to communicate, understand and embrace team, client, and organizational goals
- Sound knowledge of new solutions that leverage digital best practices and advance client interests
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in Arabic will be considered an advantage
What the Role Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a fun, dynamic, ambitious and growing team within a large agency
- The chance to work on leading local, regional, and global brands
- Play a crucial yet flexible role, shaping the thinking and direction of major projects
- The opportunity work on some hugely significant projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry
- The chance to work across all elements of communications including digital, social, public relations, consumer, B2B and corporate
- The opportunity to work with a truly global agency, collaborating with teams and talented individuals across the Dubai office and in other markets
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.