Associate Consultant, Internal Communications
Are you innovative, a strong writer and editor, detail oriented, empathetic and collegial, and dedicated to building a strong organizational culture? We have an exciting opportunity to join our global corporate marketing team to support APCO’s brand as an employer of choice through internal communication and employee engagement efforts.
The associate consultant, internal communications is responsible for playing an integral role in bringing APCO’s purpose to life; ensuring employees are living by APCO’s values; communicating the organization’s business priorities and progress; and helping drive employee engagement in support of key priorities. Working under the direction of the senior director, global marketing and communications, and senior associate director of internal communications, and in partnership with groups across the company, the incumbent coordinates and rolls out the overall internal communications and engagement strategy through written, video, in person, and Workplace channels to ensure a consistent message is received throughout the organization and its strong culture is enhanced.
- Implementation of internal communications, events and engagement efforts aligned with the company’s values, branding and messages, such as preparing weekly digests, CEO recognition program, executive communications, town halls, video content, celebrations of purpose, and sharing information on company news, new products and services, etc.
- Develop content for a variety of communications channels on a range of subjects, including business strategy, organizational initiatives, organizational changes, benefits, policies and practices, and other important information relevant to diverse employee groups.
- Coordinate and maintain internal editorial calendar; monitor Workplace and social media content for appropriate messaging and response consistent with the company’s core values; partner with internal designers to create branded materials and video/interactive content.
- Partner with office marketing representatives to provide support for alignment of messaging, celebration of milestone events and implementation of corporate commitments in line with company goals, culture and brand.
- Support employer brand proposition through development and implementation of programs, materials and communications.
- Identify and develop innovative and creative short and long-term solutions for internal communications and employee engagement. Contribute to the development and implementation of the company’s strategy.
- Understand the pulse and needs of the organization and potential communication gaps to effectively identify and develop regular communications efforts. Confer with employees at all levels of the company to gather information and formulate approaches to maximize effectiveness of messages and programs.
- Assimilate and report on internal communications metrics in collaboration with internal communications lead.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in an internal communications or employee engagement role.
- BA/BS in a related field.
- Strong technical, research, written, and oral communication skills
An understanding of, and keen interest, in global affairs and issues.
- The ability to proactively and thoughtfully support internal communications, employee engagement and change management activities.
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Sugar Market (or a similar email management system).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
High proficiency writing in AP style.
- The ability to understand and translate the company’s priorities and messages to others; apply writing style and techniques appropriate for different audiences; interact tactfully and effectively with other professionals; understand and interpret new and complex concepts and information applicable to assigned projects and responsibilities; and maintain confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands for this position are moderate. Much of the work is performed in an office setting. Work involves a high activity level and pace, competing time demands, and interaction with others. Essential tasks require the use of keyboarding, phone, and other office equipment usage, reading, writing, editing and speaking. May require working evenings and weekends, and extended hours to accomplish assigned work. International travel may be required. Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that is not limited by any particular service or discipline, but embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business. Distinct Perspectives. Deliver Impact. Challenge yourself. What will your APCO experience be?