Corporate Communications Consultant (Account Manager)
We are looking for a Consultant to join our growing team in Paris. The successful candidate for this role will have ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a communications/ media relations role.
The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple accounts and working on campaigns for clients, with a strong track record of working with the French and international media. International experience desired but not essential.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues in Paris and APCO network who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
- Handle the day-to-day running of client accounts and campaigns
- Implement multi-faceted, integrated campaigns to position client issues and priorities with key audiences that may include elected officials, top administration, media, key opinion leaders, consumers and stakeholders
- Create effective messages and produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as issue backgrounders, briefings, press materials, messaging toolkits, and social media content often under tight deadlines
- Own stakeholders/media relations and profile building efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences and 1to1 meetings, and build thought leadership
- Oversee the running of busy press office functions and acting as quality control for written materials (press releases, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries, social content, etc)
- Mentor and drives the work of interns and more junior staff
- Monitor developments in key client issue areas and flag opportunities for further client engagement
- Actively participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 to 5 years of PR/strategic communications, media relations experience – agency experience is a plus
- Previous experience developing and supporting strategic communications plans (corporate communications, issues management, crisis communications, etc.) across various industries and subject areas
- Good knowledge of the healthcare as well as tech sectors in terms of media relations communications desirable
- Proven track record working with the French and International media
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Outstanding presentation skills including the ability to engage an executive leadership and experience briefing senior-level clients
- Ability to work in French as in English and in a fast-paced environment
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO IN PARIS
APCO Worldwide has operated in France for more than 20 years. Our thriving office in Paris provides clients with an integrated offer combining corporate communication, crisis management and public affairs.
Our team is particularly experienced at assisting clients at critical junctures for their organizations in France and internationally: for instance, at times of regulatory or legislative change; in preparation for complex financial transactions and acquisitions; during high stakes reputational challenges and crisis situations; and at times of potentially disruptive innovation.
Our 25+ enthusiastic and experienced team members support our French and international clients on local mandates while serving as entry-points for global projects.
With a diverse range of clients – from multinational companies to trade associations and NGOs – APCO has particularly strong expertise in FMCG, health care, finance, technology, energy and transportation.
APCO is a member of the Association of French Lobbying and Public Affairs Consultants (AFCL).