Talent Acquisition Partner, North America
APCO Worldwide, a leading advisory and advocacy communications consultancy has an immediate opening for a Talent Acquisition Partner to join its North America Human Resources team, headquartered in Washington, D.C. Named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, APCO offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Talent Acquisition Partner will play an instrumental role as a strategic recruiting partner, creatively sourcing candidates and managing the full life-cycle recruitment process. As the lead recruiter for APCO’s North America offices (Washington D.C., New York, Seattle, Raleigh and Chicago), the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the communications industry landscape and the talent sought by APCO, strong candidate networks and sourcing aptitude, the ability to manage competing priorities, handle ambiguity and communicate with leaders at all levels of the firm.
- Partner with the North America HR Director, global recruitment team and business leaders to develop a talent acquisition strategy responsive to both long-term growth and rapidly emerging business needs
- Manage full life-cycle recruiting for North America: sourcing and pursuing candidates via social recruiting, direct sourcing, networking, employee referrals and market mapping - conducting phone screen interviews, maintaining the relationship with candidates throughout the interview process, making recommendations on hiring decisions, checking references and negotiating and preparing offers
- Partner with senior leaders, hiring managers and practice group leaders to understand short- and long-term needs across the business to identify passive and active candidates and over time build strong candidate pipelines
- Good relationship building skills and stakeholder management experience – can advise the business and hiring managers when it is in their, and the firm’s best interest
- Gets hands dirty, but also can see the bigger picture – inputting into global talent strategy and helping to drive global talent projects by working closely with the global recruitment team on key global projects including improving candidate experience and employer branding.
- Proactively review and refine APCO’s recruiting processes on an ongoing basis to ensure efficiency in time-to-hire/time-to-fill, improve candidate experience, D&I goals and APCO’s reputation as an employer of choice
- Build knowledge of APCO’s sector and industry by reading trade news, attending events and expands and leverages external networks; building relationships with professional groups and educational institutions and promotes APCO employer brand
- Coordinates and collaborates with the global recruitment team to optimize sourcing, networks and enhance candidate engagement
- Liaises closely with APCO’s global mobility specialist to actively engage with internal talent pool about existing and future opportunities and tracks interest and availability
- Stays current and proactive in identifying latest best practices and developments in talent acquisition, including appropriate technology and social media tools
- At least 5-7 years of corporate recruiting or staffing experience in a global firm
- Prior experience recruiting in PR, communications, marketing, digital or management consultancies, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deploy effective tools and practices to successful talent sourcing and acquisition
- Demonstrated success in previous recruiting roles, particularly, in building strong candidate pipelines
- Proven track record of delivering strong candidates for critical projects and roles in a global firm
- Good understanding of behavioural and case interviewing techniques
- Strong written and presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures
- Collaborative team player who also has also the ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to recruit talent, think analytically and develop creative solutions, especially for difficult candidate searches
- Proficient use of applicant tracking systems, preferably Jobvite or similar
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.