Consultant/ Senior Consultant, Public Affairs
We are looking for a Consultant/ Senior Consultant to join our growing team in Paris. The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in public affairs.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues in Paris and APCO network who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
You will work closely with colleagues at all levels on research, writing, media or political issues and creative problem-solving. You will be involved in day-to-day support of client projects by reviewing materials (i.e. press releases, fact sheets, messaging, mappings, strategic recommendations, briefings…); monitoring issues, or public events and debates; and by conducting and analysing research on a variety of client-related issues, political projects or on business development efforts.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, mainly in public affairs, government relations and stakeholder engagement, but also in corporate communication, crisis and issues management and corporate social responsibility. You can work with leading companies in food and consumer products, transport, tech, financial, energy, and environment.
Examples of work:
- Supports and implements a wide range of public affairs projects and campaigns for our high-profile, globally recognized clients
- Provides the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management
- Produces flawless written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Participates in strategy development for client initiatives and campaigns
- Takes ownership of public affairs efforts including cultivating relationships
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings and internal ones, including brainstorming sessions
- Participates in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Mentors and drives the work of interns and more junior staff
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 to 5 years of public affairs experience – agency experience is a plus
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience developing and supporting public affairs programs across various industries and subject areas, with a focus on tech, transport as well as food and consumer goods
- Able to demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans, messaging, position papers and press materials and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Full proficiency to work in French and English; other languages a plus
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO IN PARIS
APCO Worldwide has operated in France for more than 20 years. Our thriving office in Paris provides clients with an integrated offer combining corporate communication, crisis management and public affairs.
Our team is particularly experienced at assisting clients at critical junctures for their organizations in France and internationally: for instance, at times of regulatory or legislative change; in preparation for complex financial transactions and acquisitions; during high stakes reputational challenges and crisis situations; and at times of potentially disruptive innovation.
Our enthusiastic and experienced team members support our French and international clients on local mandates while serving as entry-points for global projects.
With a diverse range of clients – from multinational companies to trade associations and NGOs – APCO has particularly strong expertise in FMCG, health care, finance, technology, energy and transportation.
APCO is a member of the Association of French Lobbying and Public Affairs Consultants (AFCL).