Director, Corporate Affairs
APCO Worldwide - a leading advisory and advocacy communications consultancy - is seeking a Director, Corporate Affairs who will be based in Shanghai and will report directly to the managing director, Shanghai. He/she will interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
Client Consulting and Management
- Develop and nurture key client relationships and lead regional and/or global accounts;
- Analyze client needs proactively and come up with creative solutions;
- Offer insights and strategic advice to clients related to corporate positioning, issue/crisis management, media engagement, thought leadership building and digital communications;
- Provide guidance to account teams to ensure high quality of deliverables and client satisfaction.
- Identify and generate new business consistently through personal and the APCO network to achieve annual business performance targets;
- Create high-quality proposals and lead pitches to grow current clients and develop new clients;
- Actively seek opportunities for marketing APCO and represent APCO in conferences and business events as an expert on corporate affairs;
- Collaborate with other senior staff in Greater China to achieve business development goals and actively seek new ways to expand APCO’s business in the region;
- Coordinate with practice and/or team leaders from other APCO offices to identify and develop regional and global clients across service lines.
- Analyze client requirements to develop scopes of work and budgets that are appropriate and profitable;
- Collaborate with other senior staff in Greater China and across the global network to coordinate on team capacity and decide on project staffing;
- Review actual cost and revenue of key accounts to improve work efficiency.
- Directly manage a team of 4 - 6 project staff;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to develop team members’ skills and improve their performance;
- Recruit new talents and retain high performers;
- Promote a positive work environment to encourage collaboration, value diverse ideas and motivate personal development.
Education: University degree or higher
Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in corporate affairs or public relations in a consulting firm, corporation, diplomatic or media organization; strong budget, client and people management skills; expertise on health care, fast-moving consumer goods, finance or technology sectors preferred; fluency in Mandarin and English required.
Office Environment: The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office working alongside approximately 25 Chinese and international colleagues in Shanghai and a staff of approximately 50 people across China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.
For more information please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com