Intern, Insight - Spring 2020
APCO Worldwide, Inc. is looking for forward-thinking and enthusiastic interns for the spring of 2019. APCO Insight is a team of research professionals who work in collaboration with our communications colleagues worldwide. We work with many of the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits, and public-sector organizations on a diverse range of challenges. Our core research capabilities include: reputation management and corporate communications strategy, issues management and message testing, and thought leadership (public release) research. APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns and hands-on experience in the industry.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of the APCO Internship Program?
- Editing reports and other written communication;
- Conducting basic data analysis;
- Participating in the development of client proposals and deliverables;
- Testing survey programming;
- Editing and coding datasets (qualitative and quantitative);
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, or graduated from an accredited university or college within the last year;
- The ideal candidate will be attentive to detail, enthusiastic, and interested in the research process;
- Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as basic experience handling and processing data;
- Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics (experience with statistical software, especially SPSS, STATA or R, is preferred but not required);
- Working knowledge of Excel formulas and data processing;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Previous experience in research and familiarity with crosstabs are a plus;
- Must be able to spend at least 20 hours per week in the office.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights, and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility, and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide named a PRWeek Best Place to Work 2018 and 2018 Global Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.