Director/Associate Director of Global Marketing and Communication
Are you an experienced marketing professional, a strong writer and editor, with a track record of developing compelling and creative content? We have an exciting opportunity to join our global corporate marketing team to help lead our brand and marketing internationally.
We have an immediate opening for a Director / Associate Director, Global Marketing and Communications. The position is an integral part of our global marketing and communications team – helping to lead positioning, communications, brand management, and marketing for the firm globally under the direction of the Senior Director of Global Marketing and Communications. The role will manage activities and communications to build APCO’s brand around the world.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play an integral role in developing and implementing APCO’s global marketing strategy to drive global goals for brand visibility that align with the company’s strategic priorities and three-year plan
- Lead the development and production of global marketing materials, including:
- Overseeing the creation of all printed, digital marketing and advertising campaigns and materials
- Identifying and drafting written case studies for the website and printed materials
- Directing and coordinating video case studies for key client work and global corporate videos
- Identifying, reviewing, and overseeing all award submissions globally for the company’s work with clients, key people and company
- Manage and oversee complex global projects, including proactive initiatives and go-to-market strategies for new offerings and door-openers
- Lead and organize APCO seminars, events, dinners, and meetings around issue topics that would interest prospective or existing clients
- Evaluate and manage global event and sponsorship participation with third party organizations and maximize the impact of the company’s participation
- Develop and implement a global advertising plan to support the global marketing strategy
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Business Development to ensure our marketing strategy and activities globally support our immediate business development priorities and help generate leads
- Coordinate with the Global Media Relations manager to identify and support thought leadership and media opportunities for APCO’s senior team members, aligning with the company’s marketing strategy
- Utilize the company’s web and social media channels to promote marketing activity aligned with the company’s overall strategy, working closely with the Director, Global Marketing who leads our online presence
- Facilitate information sharing between offices and regions by maintaining materials archives and samples of work on company intranet, and facilitate communications about developments through appropriate internal communications channels
- Support other marketing and communications activities as needed
- Become an expert on APCO’s team and experience globally
- Line manage, mentor, and train junior member(s) of the team as necessary
- Develop and implement data-driven reports to demonstrate ROI of marketing investments for the company
SECONDARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fluency in English required with superior writing and editing skills--- knowledge of other languages and/or international experience a plus
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role
- BA/BS in a related field
- Strong strategic thinking, organization, and project management skills
- Expert written, editing, and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- An understanding of and keen interest in global affairs and issues
- Strong research and analytical skills
- A creative and innovative mindset to drive new ideas for promoting the APCO brand
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- High proficiency writing in AP style
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Sugar Market (or a similar email management system)
- Experience shooting and directing video content
The position also requires the ability to understand, translate, and drive the company’s messaging to global markets; apply writing style and techniques appropriate for different audiences; interact tactfully and effectively with other professionals; understand and interpret new and complex concepts and information applicable to assigned projects and responsibilities; and maintain confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands for this position are moderate. Much of the work is performed in an office setting. Work involves a high activity level and pace, competing time demands, and interaction with others. Essential tasks require the use of keyboarding, phone and other office equipment usage, reading, writing, editing and speaking. May require working evenings and weekends, and extended hours to accomplish assigned work. International travel may be required. Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate.
- Office environment is general office setting
APCO WORLDWIDE INC. will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in order to enable them to perform the essential or primary duties for this position.