Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Founded in 1984 and recognized by the Holmes Report as the "Agency of the Decade" and "Best Large Agency to Work For," APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that is not limited by any particular service or discipline but embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO in Italy
APCO’s multi-lingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory, and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets, which is currently developing a number of ambitious economic and institutional reforms to re-launch the local economy. The Italian team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
We are looking for a Senior Director with significant corporate communications experience to join our growing Italy offices. We are open to this role being based in either Rome or Milan.
As a Senior Director, the successful candidate for this role will be responsible for delivering the highest levels of client service in the Italy market, for developing new business, retaining and nurturing talent and building the brand and reputation of APCO Worldwide. Reporting to the Managing Director, Italy, and working closely with colleagues throughout the region and across APCO's network, the Senior Director will be a seasoned business manager demonstrating expertise in corporate communications, have a track record of successfully spearheading new business development efforts, and have experience leading and motivating teams.
- Managing and developing a diverse team of employees, contractors and strategic partners and other affiliates ensuring APCO can provide expert service to a number of industries and sectors • Identifying and developing new opportunities within the local marketplace across service lines and throughout the region • Leading a team of senior managers and actively seeking new ways to expand APCO’s services and market – ensuring that APCO is appropriately positioned in sectors and services areas and to ensure appropriate levels of resourcing to meet client service needs
- Ensuring an exceptional and uniform level of service to an identified group of key clients; ensuring the overall level of client satisfaction and senior-level client relationships with those key clients
- Managing regional and global client teams; has responsibility for generating revenue growth and meeting expected levels of profitability
- At least 15-20 years’ experience in corporate communications
- Demonstratable experience working within the Italy market with an international mindset
- Additionally, he/she should also be an exemplary leader of people with a track record for building and directing high-performing teams. Prior agency or management consulting experience is favoured.