Associate Consultant, Corporate Communications
We are looking for an Associate to join our Milan office. The successful candidate for this role will work on a variety of corporate communications, public affairs and B2B accounts.
By joining our team, you will be working with smart and experienced colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve challenging problems, spark new ideas, launch campaigns and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to effect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
APCO in Italy
APCO’s multi-lingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory, and media landscape in Italy, and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
The APCO Italy team supports clients in the fields of corporate communications, public affairs, and media relations, as well as crisis communication. Our clients include companies and institutions in different industries such as tech, transport and tourism, healthcare and food, retail. We offer a varied, international working life in our team in Milan, Rome, and in close cooperation with our extensive network in Europe, Asia, Middle East and US.
We are looking for an Associate Consultant to join our growing Italian Offices (Milan)
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who is expected to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to possess fluency in English, strong written and oral communication skills, with at least a minimum of two to four years of relevant experience in communications with an emphasis on corporate media relations. We expect excellent knowledge of the media landscape, and ability to translate client’s objectives into perfectly executed corporate communication activities. Any public affairs, experience is considered a plus.
What will you be doing in these roles?
- Engage directly and regularly with clients to build relationships, identify needs and deliver value
- Independently manage portions of small to mid-sized client projects
- Supporting our client teams across a variety of accounts in various sectors, with a specific focus on media relations
- Nurture excellent knowledge of the media landscape and contacts with key reporters/media, defining and executing solid media relations strategies
- Creating written content including press releases, op-eds, viewpoint articles, blogs, and social content
- Running research and monitoring projects and creating clear, insightful reports for clients
- Stakeholders engagement, including the ability to nurture and working through partnerships;
- Prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events;
- Review and improve work products of team members
- Actively participate in the new business generation and pitching
- Understand APCO’s business practices and processes, and act as an internal and external advocate for the organization
- Proactively identify external meetings and opportunities which can contribute to the building of sector knowledge and contacts
We care about your skills, not where you learned them.
Going after that big client, challenging the perceived wisdom in the room, or simply raising your hand to ask a question – we need more of that.
- You have at least 2-4 years’ experience in a communications role (from either an in-house or agency background)
- You have corporate communication experience with a focus on media relations
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a real hunger and talent for crafting stories and pitching journalists
- You have a good knowledge of digital and social media platforms
- You have a genuine interest in current affairs as well as a “creative mindset” and the ability to think “out of the box”
- You have a proactive and positive attitude, and a desire to learn
- Financial industry experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English skills
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
For more information on APCO, please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com