Intern, Digital Strategy - Fall 2019
APCO Worldwide, Inc. is looking for forward-thinking and enthusiastic interns for the fall of 2019. Digital strategy interns are an integral part of APCO's digital strategy team, which provides strategic counsel to help APCO's clients effectively communicate online, optimize their web and social media presence, shape the debate of issues online, and analyze the online environment to formulate strategy. APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns and hands-on experience in the industry.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of the APCO Internship Program?
- Online monitoring of issues or news;
- Researching and analyzing online communities, trends, and conversations;
- Identifying online influencers and creating outreach lists;
- Writing reports and memoranda on research findings;
- Editing and proofreading of client deliverables;
- Assisting in the development of client proposals;
- Testing websites before launch;
- Writing social media content.
- A recent graduate or; currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student;
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing ability
- Experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- Proficiency in online research (blogs, social media, etc.) and influencer identification
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and prominent social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Must be able to spend at least 20 hours per week in the office.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named a PRWeek Best Place to Work 2018 and 2018 Global Public Affairs Agencies of the Year by The Holmes Report, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.