You will be joining APCO colleagues in Tokyo and across the global network who are smart, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to APCO to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others, and together we work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
APCO will offer you a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and an opportunity to build an international career across cultures and borders. Tokyo is one of APCO’s newest and fastest growing teams.
You will support client projects by drafting client materials; researching issues, trends, stakeholders, and best practices; engaging in select media relations opportunities; coordinating meetings and events; and supporting a wide array of ad-hoc client deliverables.
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate and non-profit clients
- Develop an understanding of client issues through research and monitoring
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- At least 2 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability, or advocacy work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen interest in
andopinion on current affairs, public policy andmedia
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and especially ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams and control quality of output
- Digital/social media fluency; beneficial if experienced in conducting research using digital tools
- Previous agency or consulting experience preferred
- Full proficiency in both English and Japanese language (JPLT-N1 for non-native speakers)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa