Senior Staff Accountant
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and supporting schedules for accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaids, and other associated accrual schedules
- Manage assigned accounts payable function and ensure that all invoices and employee expenses are recorded properly with the correct support
- Record expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and make adjusting/reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Record Client Payments
- Assist with budgeting/forecasting
- Maintain cost tracking and reporting in excel
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of work papers to support disclosures in financial statements
- Support the month end close by preparing ongoing journal entries and accruals
- Assist with the annual audit process.
- Special Projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration with a focus in accounting
- 4+ years of related work experience
- CPA/ or CPA candidate highly desirable
- Strong computer skills: proficient Excel skills, Deltek Maconomy ERP system, and other Microsoft Office products
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial Management
- Knowledge Seeking and Sharing
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Employee Management & Development
- Professional Presence
- Analytical Skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands for this position are moderate. Much of the work is performed in an office setting. Work involves a high activity level and pace, competing time demands, and interaction with others. Essential tasks require the use of keyboarding, phone and other office equipment usage, reading, writing, editing and speaking. May require working evenings and weekends, and extended hours to accomplish assigned work. Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate.
- Office environment is general office setting
APCO WORLDWIDE INC. will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in order to enable them to perform the essential or primary duties for this position.