APCO provides internship opportunities to both Chinese and international students with valuable and substantive work experience. Our internship program strives to involve interns in all aspects of the company. APCO’s interns become integral team members on a wide range of accounts, providing critical support while learning more about the industry. An intern is also encouraged to attend practice group and other staff meetings, produce thought leadership pieces as well as to get involved in the company’s social events. This internship will last for 6 months and interns are expected to work full time. Outstanding interns may be given the opportunity to transition to permanent, full-time employment.
Interns are responsible for supporting assigned staff on all projects across APCO’s wide range of services including government relations, strategic communications, risk analysis and market entry. Interns will take the following responsibilities under the guidance of project managers or the Intern Coordinator.
- Provide day-to-day support to assigned project teams by conducting desktop research and drafting reports for clients (i.e. policy research memo, media monitoring report, client briefing materials, etc.)
- Support new business development by preparing research summary, drafting case studies, and developing meeting minutes;
- Provide administrative assistance to Project Managers such as client meetings coordination, account status reports development, on-site event support, etc.;
- Participate actively in internal brainstorming and client meetings;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in progress, preferably in communications, public relations, international affairs or related fields
Experience: Previous trade association, diplomatic mission, research institution, agency, or consulting internship experience a plus
- Native mandarin speaker with excellent language skills of both Chinese and English
- Fluent spoken Chinese preferred
Other Core Skills:
- Exceptional research, analytical and writing skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft office software;
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to manage multi-task work.
Interns should be able to make a commitment to a full-time internship for 6 months.
The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.
For more information please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com