Senior Account Supervisor, Digital Strategist
APCO Worldwide is looking to hire a mid-level individual with energy experience to join its digital team. By joining our team, you will be joining colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
Our digital strategy team has a passion for turning insight into big, bold ideas. We’re looking for communicators and strategists who understand how to use data to gain and validate audience and environment insights and how to combine those insights with digital trends to inform strategy. In this role, you will help advise, build, and manage communications and advocacy campaigns for corporate and trade association clients in the energy sector.
- Lead and collaborate on day-to-day client project work and produce quality client deliverables
- Partner with broader client services to help grow key large accounts and ensure client satisfaction by identifying and presenting solutions for key strategic challenge(s) and business, communications and digital needs to be addressed
- Devise audience-specific insights, particularly regarding unique behaviors, preferences and attitudes/perceptions in order to build audience profiles/personas and develop successful strategy or programming for reaching, engaging and mobilizing each audience
- Direct and manage mid and junior staff in the execution of appropriate digital activities
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on analytics, meaningful digital experiences and well-coordinated influencer engagement
- Conduct and lead research using digital and analytic tools and synthesize data from multiple channels or activation streams to inform a clear point of view on implications for future program or campaign activities
- Direct and manage the digital strategy for advocacy campaigns for individual clients with multi-stakeholder coalitions, with responsibility for grassroots mobilization and social media advocacy
- Develop integrated content strategies and narratives that demonstrate a robust understanding of digital and social media platforms, target audiences and measurement
- Develop advertising and amplification strategies with a strong understanding of paid social media campaigns, sponsored content, and influencer identification and management
- Work cross-functionally with other strategy colleagues, client partners, discipline leads, and other internal partners
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of current industry trends affecting clients, and be able to analyze and make strategic recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding both identified and emerging issues
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in and lead internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Lead and support strategy development for client campaigns
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of different people and stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- At least 6 years of experience in a fast-paced digital environment, ideally in consulting, business development or strategy
- Preference for experience with the development of social media campaigns and paid social programs for advocacy campaigns, including an understanding of best practices for audience targeting and grassroots activation
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategy development
- Successful track record of creating strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Willingness to mentor and train staff at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.