Consultant, Public Affairs (Account Manager)
APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency, is looking for an experienced public affairs professional to join its award-winning London team.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. We were named International Consultancy of the Year, 2018 at the PRCA Awards; awarded EMEA Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year, 2018 and Best EMEA Network To Work For, 2019 by The Holmes Report; and listed in the 2019 Top 20 UK Healthcare Agencies by PRWeek.
We are looking for a consultant (account manager) to join our successful and growing team to work on a range of new and existing public affairs clients. The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple accounts and leading campaigns for clients, with a strong track record of engaging stakeholders in Westminster, Whitehall and beyond and advising clients on policy, political and regulatory issues. International experience desired but not essential.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Handling the day-to-day running of large accounts and campaigns
- Managing, training and mentoring junior team members
- Overseeing clients’ stakeholder and policy engagement work and acting as quality control for written materials (briefing documents, consultation responses, position papers, etc)
- Acting as the key point of contact between APCO offices on multi-market accounts
- Coming up with creative ideas for how to improve services to our clients
- Playing an active role in supporting the Director of Public Affairs in shaping and delivering a new business plan
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Currently operating at either senior account executive or account manager level (agency experience highly desirable) and be able to work across a diverse portfolio of clients and sectors including healthcare; technology; food and beverage; and energy, environment and sustainability
- Experience of and an aptitude for managing junior team members
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of devising and executing integrated campaigns and an active interest and experience in delivering digital/social media tactics would be preferable.
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of domestic and international clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from offices around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed. APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.