Consultant, Corporate Communications
Are you ready to challenge convention?
- Are you interested in the issues and players that are shaping our world today?
- Do you want to work on projects that make a difference?
- Do you thrive in collaborative, yet challenging and fast-paced environments?
- Are you a fast learner, eager to work with diverse clients and colleagues?
If so, consider joining APCO Worldwide, a global communication and strategy consultancy.
The New York office is looking to hire a Consultant/Senior Account Executive individual with 4-6 years’ experience.
Named the 2017 PR Agency of the year by the New York Observer, we are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Clients come to us to help solve tricky problems, create new ideas and campaigns, and connect with others. We believe in the power of communication to affect change and we are excited by purposeful work.
At APCO, Consultants work closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in healthcare, tech, financial, energy and nonprofit sectors.
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Independently manages several small projects and engages with clients with support and supervision, as needed
- Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust and confidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Leads media relations efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press conferences, and more
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- At least 4 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Solid project management experience
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs and media
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.