Intern, Global Solutions - Fall 2019
APCO Worldwide, Inc. is looking for proactive and enthusiastic paid Global Solutions interns for the fall of 2019. Global Solutions advises international political leaders, CEOs and high-profile individuals, helping them successfully navigate reputational challenges, investment opportunities, crises and complex geopolitical issues. Interns will engage with a wide variety of subjects related to foreign affairs, international business and geopolitics. Daily tasks will include media monitoring, research and general support for Global Solutions clients. Interns will also be exposed to work from the other practices within APCO (public affairs, corporate communications, the office of chairman, global marketing, creative & digital, health care & health policy, crisis management & litigation communication, insight/research, and human resources). Additionally, APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns and hands-on experience in the communications industry.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of the APCO Internship Program?
- Research topics and issues and analyzing findings
- Monitor issues or news events
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, and editorial content
- Identify and compile media lists
- Edit and proofread client deliverables
- Assist in the development of client proposals
- Attend local events in D.C.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A recent graduate or; currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail.
- Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Former internships or work at communications agencies, federal agencies, international organizations, the U.S. Congress, or in state and local government are welcome, but not required;
- Must be able to spend at least 20 hours per week in the office.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.
APCO Worldwide, named a PRWeek Best Place to Work 2018 and 2018 Global Public Affairs Agencies of the Year by The Holmes Report, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.