Intern, Public Affairs – April 2021
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Italy
APCO’s multilingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets, which is currently developing a number of ambitious economic and institutional reforms to re-launch the local economy. Our Italy team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.
The following are specific duties performed on a daily basis:
- Provide general research and intelligence to the office (eg. monitoring media, institutional developments, policy and legislative updates)
- Develop understanding of different client/ industry issues through research and monitoring across a wide range of relevant issues
- Draft client materials (eg. monitoring, policy and stakeholder mappings, etc.)
- Actively support new business opportunities by contributing to brainstorms, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing decks
- Support media relations (eg. drafting press releases, producing media lists)
- Support event coordination and logistics organization
- Any other task deemed reasonable
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in International Relations, Political Science or equivalent;
- Language skills: proficiency in English and Italian, command of another language is considered a plus;
- Prior experience working in the European institutions, in-house, consultancy or within a trade association is desirable;
- Knowledge and interest in public affairs, politics and communication
- Computer skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Eligible to work in the EU
Location: Piazza dei Caprettari 70, 00186. Roma
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.