Senior Consultant, Corporate Communications
You are self-directed, proactive and motivated to win for your clients every day. You create opportunities to drive the message and position issues leveraging the full spectrum of communications and engagement channels and tactics. You have experience leading teams and managing work streams while also serving in a key role on major projects. You have a desire to learn and grow – both across industries and communication mediums, such as traditional media, social/digital media, issues advocacy, grassroots, and stakeholder communications. You know how to work with clients and have a positive, go-getter attitude that wins the confidence of clients and inspires teams.
What we bring you: Working with smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
About APCO in Southeast Asia
From our hub in Singapore and offices throughout the region, APCO’s Southeast Asia team works with leading clients, including multinational companies, international organizations, governments and NGOs. We offer regional insights to help these organizations navigate the diverse markets in the region. We have strong expertise and extensive experience serving the ICT, health care, finance and food, consumer products & retail sectors. We have also been a preferred partner of new emerging technologies including those in artificial intelligence, drones and crypto technology.
APCO is a full-service consultancy offering solutions and opportunities to our clients in the region, ranging from government relations, strategic communications, media management, market access, digital and advisory services.
We are looking for a senior consultant to join our growing team in Singapore.
- Manage and implement a wide range of strategic communication and issue campaigns for our high profile, globally-recognized clients
- Provide the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management, serving as the key client contact while also managing staff (both senior and junior) to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Design and implement multi-faceted, integrated communications campaigns to position client issues and priorities with key audiences that may include elected officials, media, consumers and stakeholders
- Create effective messages and produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as issue backgrounders, press materials, messaging toolkits, and social media content often under tight deadlines
- Develop compelling communications and content to convey complex policy and/or social issues to the general public
- Own media relations and profile building efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences, and build thought leadership
- Monitor developments in key client issue areas and flag opportunities for further client engagement
- Manage client budgets, ensuring that projects and corresponding staffing are within allotted budgets
- Actively participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Directly supervise 1-2 staff
- At least 5-7 years of public affairs and strategic communications experience including at least 3 years leading client projects from start-to-finish
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Outstanding presentation skills including the ability to engage an executive leadership and experience briefing senior-level clients
- Solid project management experience, including overseeing a team and multiple deliverables
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Indonesia and Thailand market are a plus
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.