Associate Consultant, Tech Media & Corp Comms
We are looking for an Associate Consultant or Junior Account Manager to join our successful and growing team to work across a range of tech B2B and corporate communications clients. The ideal candidate would have experience managing multiple accounts and leading campaigns for tech clients, with a strong track record of working with the media. International experience desired but not essential.
Our 60+ strong team, based in Covent Garden, is at the heart of APCO Worldwide’s global network and is a major hub for our work across Europe and beyond. Last year we were named the Best EMEA network to work for, and this year we were named both Global and EMEA Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, and have received numerous awards and accolades for our campaigns and recognising our status a leading employer in our industry.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, stakeholder engagement, digital/social media and business development.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Handling the day-to-day running of large accounts and campaigns
- Supports and implements a wide range of strategic communication projects and campaigns for our high-profile, globally recognized clients
- Overseeing the running of busy press office functions and acting as quality control for written materials (press releases, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries, social content, etc)
- Acting as the key point of contact between APCO offices on multi-market accounts
- Mentors junior staff and interns; encourages proactive teamwork and knowledge-sharing
- Coming up with creative ideas for how to improve services to our clients
- Playing an active role in new business, including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Someone who thrives on the variety and diversity of agency life - past agency experience is desirable (corporate communication, media relations)
- Experience of and an aptitude for managing junior team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record working with the media
- An active interest in digital / social media
We are recognised as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative working environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- Significant opportunities to develop professionally, with extensive training and personal development programmes including a global exchange programme
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health & wellness benefits
About APCO Worldwide
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.