HR Administrative Assistant
The Human Resources (HR) Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a range of support to APCO Worldwide’s North America (NA) human resources department. The ideal candidate will have experience providing outstanding administrative support to a busy, dynamic HR office. In this role, you will coordinate a variety of HR administrative tasks including recruitment coordination, new hire onboarding logistics, meetings and events for NA internship program, and other complex and confidential duties.
The HR Administrative Assistant is expected to effectively multi-task, prioritize tasks and have exceptional written and oral communication skills. The Administrative Assistant reports to the NA Talent Director with a dotted line to NA Talent Acquisition Partner.
- Supports all activities of the recruitment process (40%) and general HR team (60%)
- Assists in new hire onboarding logistics and planning from pre-hire to first 90-days
- Assists in the management and coordination of APCO’s intern program
- Manages invoices, coordinates with finance and HR staff to ensure timely accurate payment
- Manages calendars and schedules meetings and calls with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepares, edits and proofreads documents and presentations
- Prepares materials and briefings ahead of meetings and events
- Prepares and manages vendor contracts
- Implements and manages electronic and paper filing system
- Takes on special projects as assigned
- High School graduate, some college or college degree is preferred
- At least 2 years of administrative experience successfully providing a high level of support in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Experience in human resources preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Have excellent communication/customer service skills and the ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to analyze administrative processes and suggest improvements or efficiencies
- Must be adept to problem-solving, including being able to identify program issues and reporting discrepancies
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" 2017 “Best Large Agency to Work For” 2013-2014 and one of the “Top Places to Work in PR” by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.