APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking a talented multidisciplinary graphic designer to join its Greater China team in Shanghai. The graphic designer will report directly to an Associate Director and interface with all levels of staff with the following primary responsibilities:
- design ideas that drive impact and achieve improved business results in cooperation with the team.
- Develop client deliverables that require design solutions, such as social media graphics and visuals, infographics, banners, presentations, posters, and other key visuals.
- Support the development of digital visuals, e.g. GIF, video, and animation.
- Work with a broad array of clients and multidisciplinary project teams to review and recommend design needs and options.
- Design materials for marketing and new business development initiatives, such as reports, business proposals, and presentations.
- Contribute to the expansion of the firm’s digital capabilities, e.g. assisting the team in identifying new digital trends and developing required skillsets and offerings.
- Guide and manage the third-party design and digital vendors to secure high-quality deliverables as needed.
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in Design, OR strong portfolios showcasing the creative thinking process as well as visually compelling, practical and emotionally engaging design work
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of working experience in a design/digital environment – though we will consider someone who has a strong creative portfolio and shows great potential
- Proficiency with Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude to pursue atypical ideas that inspire action
- Proactive team player, strategic thinker and problem solver
- Videography and or motion graphics ability would be a plus
- Social media proficiency (e.g. WeChat) and photography ability would be a plus
- Strong interest in digital solutions with an enthusiastic attitude to grow relevant skillsets
Languages: Native Chinese; good English writing and speaking skills
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.